Tuesday 5 April 2011

LIFE.



So... since leaving university I have, pottered about drawing silly characters with animalistic features and getting good at photoshop colouring without a tablet. NICE. I've also been helping out at SEVERAL Historic houses (which is a sneaky way of getting inside for free to drawdrawdraw).

Somehow I've worked up the ranks, and am now employed by the National Trust! I work at William Morris's exquisite 'palace of art', the Red House in Bexleyheath. So when I'm not tending to a pesky til, cleaning a 150 year old windowsil, or making tea... I am drawing <3. Currently I'm designing an activity for kids, we're going to make Medieval Morris design inspired Easter cards!


These are just some roughs I worked out, I'm using a combination of... rubber stamps, lino stamps, foam stamps, stencils, and little pre-made vinettes. I want the kids to also design their own illuminated letters if I can, 'cause thats always fun.

Oh sigh, I love my job, how did I end up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment