Thursday 29 September 2011

From Hollow Vaults below....


If therefore thou by cunning of thine art,
Canst raise this man from hollow vaults below,
Where lies entombed this famous conqueror.


I am studying again... History. Nothing inspires me, ignites some passion in my spirit more than History does, I adore it. Anyway, currently we're looking over Christopher Marlowe... mmm, Marlowe. <3

In re-reading Dr Faustus, I came across this passage...the Emperor asking of our good Doctor to raise Alexander the Great from hollow vaults below. I took the name of this blog from those exact words, hollow vaults... there's something beautiful about it.

I am surprised I forgot so soon where I claimed it from, here's to you Christopher. Died a day before my birth, died in a pub run by an Eleanor Bull.


No comments:

Post a Comment